Twitter

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Desegregation, white privilege, reparations, the "r" word, racism. I'm back!

I'm back from my brief but fun hiatus, and, I am in the process of writing an in depth analysis of the Huntsville desegregation hearing, where I see the Huntsville Sitty Schools are up to their old tricks.  In the meantime, here are some relevant must see/reads for you to chew on.  Once again thanks to those who continue to read even when I don't post.  It continues to amaze and humble me. RedEye

You have to realize what we have here is a perception issue.  There is no such thing as white privilege.




The Case for Reparations
Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.
Groups want NFL Players to join battle over Washington Redskins team name.

187287681-native-americans-protest-before-the-minnesota-vikings

How does a poor white person know if they are racist?  Take the racism quiz.

No comments: