Twitter

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Update~ Left In Alabama's "Blog Migration" Erased Me From Their History Like EYE Never Existed

Image result for in the end we will not remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends

It's hard being a voice for the voiceless.  Once again Left in the Alabama, the progressive informed, blog of record where EYE was once a welcomed contributor, has found it fit to distance themselves from the content of their character.

Let's recap.

I didn't plan or want to start this blog. For three years years I had the privilege and honor of being a front pager at Left in Alabama. Friday, November 13,2009 was my unlucky day because my privileges were revoked. Prior to my privileges being revoked I was constantly being advised how to write, what to write, and finally informed if I wanted freedom of speech I needed to start my own blog.
I didn't leave Left in Alabama, Left in Alabama left me, literally. Despite sincere, begging and groveling I am not allowed to express my opinions there, and that's a pity since it's supposed to be the blog of record for progressive, informed, democrats, but the Righty's have more privileges.
If you want to know more about me, where I stand and what I stand for I invite you to read my writings at Left in Alabama for a historical perspective.

Here's the rub...when you click on the link above to find out more about me and what EYE stand for from a historical perspective  you get the following message:
Not found, error 404

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the site's homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it by using the search form below.
Just so you know,  links  from RedEyes Front Page to Left in Alabama will direct you to the sites homepage where "perhaps you can find what you're looking for".  Snark

Brian explains it best:

"What appears to have happens is the new blog handles comments differently and does not support direct links to comments and the broken links on your blog are links directly to a comment."
This is a blatant attempt to disown my views, which at the very least were progressive, and were presented in the spirit which the forum was created.   EYE find this conduct to be abhorrent, deplorable, dictatorial, egregious, and misdirected. This says more about the content of their character than it does mine.

 EYE have to question if Left In Alabama is the informed, progressive blog it claims to be.  Evidence suggests it's not a forum where public views can be expressed without censorship.

 There is an interesting parallel to this action and the closing of the DMV offices in predominately black counties.  Suppressing the vote, suppressing the voice.  What's the difference?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm having trouble posting. I got an error before so i don't know if the comment went through. this is my second try!

I can see your stuff, Redeye and I think I know what happened. When our company changed from blogger to wordpress a few years ago, we had a lot of borken links. That was because blogger and wordpress use different file name systems.

I looked at left in al's archives and searched for redeye. Articles with your name in them come up. Click on your name and you see the stuff you wrote.

http://leftinalabama.com/author/Redeye/

Unknown said...

sorry for typos. on my phone!

Redeye said...

Thank you for your response Joseph, and yes you can see my post when you put in my name, but links to comments and post get the error message, which is probably why Left in Alabama changed from Blogger to word press in the first place. :) Thanks for reading and commenting.

Brian said...

It doesn't look like LeftInAlabama deleted anything of yours. Your posts appear to be there (at least 300 of them) and your comments on the few articles I looked into were still there.

What appears to have happens is the new blog handles comments differently and does not support direct links to comments and the broken links on your blog are links directly to a comment. The showcomment.do and showdiary.do were proprietary commands to the Java based Soapblox platform that LIA used to use. There is not evidence to suggest that those commands work with any other platforms much less the PHP/MySQL based Wordpress platform that LIA moved to.

http://leftinalabama.com/diary/5160/what-i-learned-on-left-in-alabama-this-week works but changes to http://leftinalabama.com/what-i-learned-on-left-in-alabama-this-week/ upon loading

These links do not work:
http://www.leftinalabama.com/showComment.do?commentId=41880
http://leftinalabama.com/showComment.do?commentId=41918
http://www.leftinalabama.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=9597

Using http://www.leftinalabama.com/diary/996/ without an article name behind will go to http://leftinalabama.com/diary-of-a-mad-blogger-child/ which appears to be keying off of the word diary.

The AL-07 All Tied up in latest poll
The Broken Link on your site:
http://leftinalabama.com/diary/6338/al07-all-tied-up-in-latest-poll

But the article is still up at LIA (Working Link)
http://leftinalabama.com/al-07-all-tied-up-in-latest-poll/

Computers are wonderful machines, but they are as stupid as a brick. Be off by one character and everything goes haywire.

Two of my favorite quotes:
Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination - Albert Einstein

Never trust a computer you can't lift - Stan Mazor (co-inventor of the first microprocessor)

Redeye said...

"What appears to have happens is the new blog handles comments differently and does not support direct links to comments and the broken links on your blog are links directly to a comment." Exactly. Thank you for explaining what happened.