Twitter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Edit~The Public Banning of Dale Jackson-Part II

Dale Jackson gets a second chance on Christmas Eve, 2009 in response to my Christmas Eve wish.
I hope to receive the gift of my front page privileges back but I know I'm not likely to get them. :) (0.00 / 0)
The historic passage of the health care semi reform bill is just about the best Christmas present I could wish for. I cried this morning when Senator Robert Byrd said he was casting his vote in honor of his friend Senator Ted Kennedy. I laughed when Harry Reid voted no before he voted yes. Despite the best effort of the republicans, the tea parties, the birthers, the deathers and the talking teevee pundit heads, 30 million tax paying Americans will have access to quality, affordable health care. Now that's change we can believe in.

Merry Everything to Everyone!

No Justice.

No Peace.

Know Justice.

Know Peace.

Peace be with all.

Now, I'm going to be tiptoeing on back up to my nice comfy attic,have some holiday cheer and make merry with friends and family. Keep Hope Alive y'all!
To which mooncat responded by granting Dale Jackson's fondest wish;
In the spirit of Peace and Universal Brotherhood (4.00 / 1)
I've granted Dale Jackson's fondest wish and reinstated his privileges as a user -- at the absolute bottom of the LiA ladder. He will retain these privileges as long as he behaves well. My wish is for the all of us to judge his future contributions on their own merits rather than his past behavior ...

... and for everyone to abide by some simple rules ALL THE TIME:

Maintain a civil tone

Respect the opinions of others, even while explaining why they're wrong
Bring something of value to the conversation

Be accurate in your statements

Don't use language here that you wouldn't say in front of your mother


So mooncat forgives Dale's past *ahem* transgressions, and after appearing as a guest on his radio show proceeds to help the Tea Party replace Parker Griffith with Mo Brooks but I digress.

It's a Christmas Miracle... (4.00 / 1)
Mooncat, Thanks for the unblock. You are welcome on my show anytime. I had quite a few, "why are you giving her airtime" but I like dissenting views. Even if on this case of the good doctor we are in agreement. If you missed mooncat when she was on my show, she said I was right at least twice. Merry Christmas moviehouse!
Fast forward to January 2010 and Dale Jackson has reverted to his old tricks, name calling personal attacks, insults and lies to the point frequent commenter Gayla ask who the hell is Dale Jackson and why is he on this site.

I realize I'm a relative newbie to the site, but why is someone with deliberate taunts as part of their signature posting here? Why is someone of the same ilk as the Becks, Limbaughs and Hannities spewing their toxins on this site?

Diverse opinions? I'm all for them. But there is a difference in an opinion and the toxic propaganda spread by these hatemongers - toxity that most folks with the least bit of common sense knows leads to violence, threats, and actually killings. There is a difference in debate and outright lies and distortions for partisan sake.

Do I wish Limbaugh was dead? Absolutely not. But I wish he would shut the f*ck up, not because I so vehemently disagree with him, but because he's dangerous. He feeds hate. And so do Beck, Hannity, Coutler, and O'Reilly.

And Dale Jackson wants to be just like them. Why is he on this site?
I accept full responsibility for the return of Radio Boy after he and mooncat yuk it up on his radio show in a quid pro quo sorta way.
Does this mean you and radio boy are going to kiss and make up (0.00 / 0)
and you're going to un-ban him since you may have found "common ground"? :) Sorry but I can't bring myself to listen to hate radio even if you are a guest. Good luck.


Which Dale Jackson confirmed
Don't be so hard on yourself Redeye, (0.00 / 0)
you had nothing to do with it.

I invited mooncat on my show after Griffith's switch (mostly so i could say, I told you so) and at the end I asked for reinstatement. She said, we will have to set some rules, she did and here I am.

Differing opinions won't kill you.


mooncat accused me of overestimating my influence, but fast forward to January 2011, Dale Jackson is still causing trouble, people are still asking why he's allowed to post on the site and I'm still respectfully requesting not only my front page privileges be reinstated but that my user name and pass word be reinstated.

At least Dale Jackson got a second chance and some semblance of due process before his public banning.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere~Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.

When we dig a hole for someone else, we may as well dig two for we will surely fall in the first one we dug. I heard these words from my mama and other wise old folks.~AL State Senator Hank Sanders


I swear to the Lord I just can't see why freedom of speech means everybody but me~Redeye

No comments: