Twitter

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This is the speech I would write if I were President Obama's speechwriter

My Fellow Americans,

I come before you tonight to apologize to the victims of the Arizona Massacre for letting them down.. I not only let them down, I also let the people who voted for HOPE and CHANGE we can believe down. (Pause for applause)

You see, I mistakenly thought once I was elected I would be allowed to govern, however the republicans, led by Rush Limbaugh, wouldn't allow that because they wanted me to fail. I mistakenly believed they loved their country more than they hated the fact an African American Democrat was the President of the United States of America. I was wrong... again I apologize for not realizing this before more innocent blood was shed on American soil.

I've enabled and allowed my republican colleagues and the mainstream media to take my kindness for weakness. When I reached out to them and they cut off my arm I should have known there would be no compromise. Time after time I made concessions and offered an olive branch, each time I was rebuked or worse, made an offer I couldn't refuse.

My first mistake was not immediately authorizing Attorney General Eric Holder to restore honor and integrity to the justice department, because without justice there can be no peace.

I should have had Congressman Joe Wilson removed from the House Floor for calling me a liar on national and international TV.

I should have fought back against the Town Halls by holding my own Town Halls on the same day and the same time, and used the Bully pulpit more effectively.

I should have supported the public option instead of trying to appease the right wing, who doesn't like me, and will never like me, not because of the content of my character, but because of the color of my skin.

I should have never let the media force me to renounce, repudiate and reject my pastor and take his sermon out of context, like they are claiming the left is doing with Sarah Palins crosshairs tagets.(Wink)

I should have reinstated the Fairness Doctrine so the public airways couldn't be used to bombard the public with misinformation 24/7. There are two sides to every story and if the public only hears one side they will believe one side.

I should have called out the Birthers/Deathers for who and what they are, bigots who can't and won't accept the fact an African American man is the President of the United States of America.

I am tired of being bullied by the right wing bully's.

So, from this day forward, I say no more Mister Nice Guy, I'm going to be George W. Bush and Dick Cheney on steroids. I am going to fight the terrorist over HERE so we won't have to fight them over there. Speaker Bohner might as well get his giant crying towel handy. My Veto Pen is ready, willing and able to keep the gop from dismantling health care reform, DADT, or any other program that helps the middle class and the disenfranchised.

I have been so busy trying to keep my job I forgot to do my job.

My name is President Obama and I am the President of the United States of America.

No comments: