Twitter

Friday, November 14, 2014

Countdown Complete! It's RedEye's 5th Blog-O-Versary!


Real life responsibilities interfered with my my blogging life yesterday and I couldn't squeeze the time to post a diary celebrating my 5th Blog-O-Versary.  Better late than never!

Eye consider November 13th, 2009 the anniversary of RedEye's Blog because that was the day my front page privileges were revoked because of the content of my comments and other posts.tone of my post and some of my comments.  Translation: The content of you comments and other post made us uncomfortable.

After my front page privileges were revoked at LIA I saw the writing on the wall, and Eye knew it was only a matter of time before Eye was banned for life.  Prior to my front page privileges being revoked Eye was constantly being advised how to write, what to write, and finally informed if Eye wanted freedom of  speech  Eye should start my own blog, which Eye did, on January 17th 2010.  My debut post was RedEye's Random Thoughts.

Eye said then, and Eye say now, I am eternally grateful to LIA founder Mooncat for inviting me to be a contributor at Left in Alabama, and for encouraging me to blog. Although our association has ended, my gratitude and  sincere appreciation has not.  Eye HOPE to continue to be a voice for the voiceless.  Eye strive everyday to be the media Eye wish we had instead of the media we have.

So here we are guys and gals,  320,554 page views,  3243 comments, and 5 years later. Looking back over this blog,  Eye can honestly say, the more things change, the more they don't.

Why are we talking about the same issues in 2014 that we were talking about in 2010?

Eye submit it's because the white male dominated media are cowards when it comes to discussing issues of race.

What say you?

Thank you for another year of reading, lurking and commenting.  Your continued support is humbling.
RedEye

No comments: