Twitter

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The politics of the Super Bowl

I was fortunate to attend Super Bowl XLV (45) this year and yes my team won! I say fortunate because that's what you have to be in order to actually attend the Super Bowl and not watch it for FREE on TeeVee. It's an expensive event made for people with lots of disposable income. You could very well fund a third world country with the amount of money spent on the Super Bowl. I'm not one of those people but fortunately I know people who have it like that and are willing to share their wealth with the least of these.

Speaking of sharing the wealth with the least of these, I finally got around to watching Bill O'Reilly talk to President Obama like a boy and President Obama talking to Bill O' Reilly like he was mentally challenged. That's all I'm going to say about the interview that never should have happened. Psst President Obama, you can't reason with unreasonable people. You just can't.

I never liked Pepsi Cola and it has nothing to do with the stereotypical angry black woman Super Bowl ad. It's because the product taste like cough syrup. Plus that, the commercial was so not funny. Darth Vader was funny, and it portrayed dads in a positive light.

Leave Christina Aguilar alone! She wasn't the first one to botch the National Anthem and she won't be the last. I'm one of those people who don't believe the National Anthem should be sung as a solo. Everyone should join in.

I sure do miss the good old days when the half time shows at the football games were marching bands and not a concert. But since it has turned into a choreographed extravaganza I'm not mad at Will i.am for using his performance to call out President Obama and remind him about the least and the left out while he partied with the rich and famous in the White House.

I've enjoyed my vacation from the Talking TeeVee Pundit Heads and politics but it's time to get back to work. I'm roaming around the Internet playing catch up. I'm back so stay tuned.

No comments: