Twitter

Monday, March 9, 2015

"I think that George Bush’s presence is really an insult to me and people who do not believe in non-violence.” ~MLK Footsoldier #DianeNash on #Selma50


No More Mister Nice Blog: ON THE 50TH SELMA ANNIVERSARY, RIGHTIES PAUSE TO REMEMBER THE REAL VICTIMS: GEORGE AND LAURA BUSH

Enabled by none other than the lone  democratic (and I use that term loosely) member of the  Alabama Congressional delegation,  Terri Sewell.  I weep for the residents of the 7th Congressional District.  Really, I do.
My worst fear has come to past. Republicans, enabled by the media (again) and the neo liberals (again) bought and paid for the only African American seat in congress (again). I'm sure they are patting themselves on the back and high fiving their "victory" this morning, but this is wrong on so many levels. For one thing it proves it's not about the people, it's about the money, the power and the influence. It's proof the residents of the 7th district didn't get to decide who represents them in congress (again).
I have more respect for the GOP Lawmakers that didn't attend than I do for the GOP Lawmakers  that did attend.  There is more than a whiff of hypocrisy.

Talking Points Memo:  In Selma, GOP Lawmakers  Explain Why They Don't Support John Lewis To Restore Voting Rights Act
The U.S. has not made progress on race relations under President Obama, said Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), the first African-American senator from the South since Reconstruction.
So much for HOPE for CHANGE we can BELIEVE in.

No comments: