Twitter

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's A Wonderful What If Wednesday!

I wonder how many democratic candidates are wishing they could Turn Back Time today?

What if Congressman Artur Davis voted FOR health care reform? Would he be the democratic nominee and on his way to making history becoming the first African American governor of the reddest of the red states? I think so.

It's probably not right of me to dance on the political grave of Artur Davis, but as his brother from another mother, Clay Davis, would say, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He deserves it! I told one of his staffers following his no vote on HCR, he's not going to get where he wants to be on the backs of his poor Black constituents.



What if his guy hadn't made this commercial? I'm just saying...

What if The Raging Grannies were in charge of the BP oil spill disaster?

What if the democratic party elite weren't disconnected from the party members? I mean, really?

What if it were the year of the black republican for real? *Shudder*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I heard Artur Davis lost the primary by a landslide I laughed like I haven't in a long time. I did everything but roll on the floor, girl. To borrow a phrase from the great Barbara Jordan, the repudiation of Artur Davis by black voters was "Whole, complete, total."

The election results, at the precinct level are a thing of beauty. I am totally in awe.

There are precincts in Jefferson County in which McCain got zero votes in 2008 and Obama carried with 100 percent that Artur lost to Sparks by three to one.

In a set of three precincts I looked at in Montgomery in which Obama got 3000 votes and McCain less than 40, Artur lost all three by a less decisive margin but he still lost. These areas are almost all African American as far as I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Hey Redeye,
Happy to see you with your own blog. I left LIA months ago and felt guilty abandoning you to the nonprogressive Davis-worshippers there, but I just couldn't take any more ganging-up and piling-on from folks who seem to believe you become more liberal by voting conservative.

Anyway, I did wander over and wasn't surprised to see they're turning themselves inside out trying to explain away that Mr. Davis is obviously not as smart as they imagined. Or I suppose to make them feel better, I could say he's so smart, he outsmarted himself.

Not living in Birmingham, I hadn't realized he'd given up his safe seat. After a little googling, I found Terri Sewell on Youtube and was blown away. Is there something wrong with her I'm not getting? From what I saw, I'd be jumping for joy to have such a spitfire articulating progressive positions here in Mobile! Why aren't those so-called progressives promoting this woman instead of weeping over a candidate so weird he even voted against Net Neutrality! Can you imagine bloggers supporting a candidate against Net Neutrality?Was that supposed to take redneck votes away from Sparks? Are they against Net Neutrality up in Cullman? Seems to me that vote was just whoring for ATT and Comcast.

Hope all is well with you.
Rudyinbama

Redeye said...

Hello Rudy and Skeptical Brother!
Thanks for dropping by and thank you for your kind words. I didn't leave Left in Alabama I booted off because I refused to drink the Davis Kook Aide and to go along to get along, but hey I've been kicked off worst places (al.com) and I'm in good company (Helen Thomas) :).

Skeptical Brother, I tried to tell them black voters weren't stoopid but they wouldn't listen to me. They fully expected black folks to buy the Davis is Obama spin foolery.

Rudy, Terri Sewell just started being an articulate, progressive spit fire are her best bud Artur was repudiated. She is Artur Davis is designer heels. The citizens in the 7th district deserve and need a true progressive, not a fake. That said, I'm sure the powers the be will make sure Sewell is the representative for that reason.

Don't be a stranger y'all!