Twitter

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Memorial Day Photo Blog with Links and Commentary


Say, have you seen my Democracy?  You know the Democracy with Liberty and Justice for ALL? Not the Democracy that sent our sons and daughters to W-ar based on DEAD WRONG INTELLIGENCE, and not look back, but will look back at a democratic Presidential Candidate who wanted to end poverty.  SMH



America is The Land of the Free because of the Brave.  The first Memorial Day was celebrated on May 1, in 1865 by freed slaves, missionaries and teachers,  in a ceremony honoring Union soldiers who died in a Confederate Prison Camp in Charleston, South Carolina.


None dare call it Treason.  Yet they want us to sing God Bless America?  No, No and,

NO.

God HELP America sing America again.

I, Too, Sing America By Langston Hughes
I, too, sing America.


I am the darker brother.

They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.



Tomorrow,

I'll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody'll dare
Say to me,
"Eat in the kitchen,"
Then.



Besides, 

They'll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed--



I, too, am America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard on Maddows show about the beginnings of Memorial Day. It made me cry and I don't do that often.

Redeye said...

I weep for my country.