Twitter

Monday, July 23, 2012

Father: Auburn football player walks after calling children N-word, son arrested

Graphic via Auburn Football
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a win or lose Auburn University fan and supporter.  Several family members have degrees from Auburn,  some are former members of the Auburn Tigers football team.
The following post from the ReddingNewsReview.com is troubling because  it illustrates the plight of African American maless who find themselves catching a case because they dare demand respect for black girls/women, who some feel don't deserve respect.  


It also has shades of the Penn State Football scandal, where it appears  players can do no wrong because they are star members of the football team considering I had to learn of this incident through social media. 
I report.  You decide.
  ~RedEye


From the ReddingNewsReview.com

The Atlanta father of two Auburn University students is using social media to get justice for his children who he said they were racially harassed and one was sent to jail by two members of the Auburn football team.
Henry M. Carter, of Atlanta, says his daughter Shanice Carter, 20, and his son Kenya Carter, 22, were called N-word and his daughter was called a "bitch" by two members of the Auburn University football team, while at a McDonalds in Auburn on early Saturday morning.
The elder Carter wrote on Facebook: "Reese Dismukes and another person named Patrick [Miller]approach them in an aggressive manner. Calling my Daughter a 'Bitch' and 'Nigger.' My son took offense to their aggression and they said they would crush him like they just crushed a CD that was placed on a table."
He said that the two football players were let go and his son, Kenya, was sent to jail for disorderly conduct.Dismukes is considered one of the best football players in the conference.
He says his son has been released on $300 bond.
"I called the police station when the incident occurred and voice my disapproval of the discriminatory action of the officer and my intention to file a complaint. I have instructed my daughter to press charges against the football players for making terroristic threats. This is a simple case of racism and I will not let it go by. My son has never been arrested
and they will not blemish his good name. DAMN WAR EAGLES!"

No comments: