Twitter

Monday, July 30, 2012

Bigotry in the name of the Lord & Why Boycotts Matter

Fist Dap jobsanger
I
It never ceases to amaze me when the right wing, Evangelical, compassionate, conservative, Christians, use religion to justify bigotry.  Those who say marriage equality is not a civil rights issue need only look at the chart of above defining "traditional marriage" for a reality check.

I could have spent the rest of my life eating Chick-fil-A, but once the owner made his views regarding marriage equality public, that was it for the waffle fries, lemon pies, lemonade and chicken strips for  me and mine.  If the owner of Chick-fil-A wants to donate money to right- wing- super PACS, he will do it without my hard earned money.

Psst! countrycat, mooncat, daddycat, and Jim Dean, ask the Southern Christian Leadership Conference,  Do Boycotts Really Matter?

Ask the Dixie Chicks do boycotts really matter.

The black youth project explains why boycotting Chick-Fil-A still matters.  It's not about the profit margin, it's about the principle.


Today's Must Reads
Why a Chick-fil-A boycott matters
Mitt Romneys' Southern Strategy

No comments: