Twitter

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In Memory of Andy Samuel Griffith June 1, 1926-July 3, 2012

The Andy Griffith Show was one of the staples of my childhood.  It was a family affair.  We would gather around the Philco Television set and be transported to Mayberry RFD, immersed in the lives of Andy, Barney, Aunt Bee and Opie.  My father still watches reruns, only he calls it the Barney Fife show.

One of my favorite episodes was when Andy tricked Opie and his friends into reading their history books, but it's also how I learned about the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere,  the American Revolution, as well as other historical facts and social values.

 I sure do miss the good old days when the public airways were used to educated and inform the public..

RIP Sheriff Taylor


Today's Must Reads




In the 21st century The American Media has nothing to offer except platitudes about the plight of single mothers who made bad decisions about men~Margaret Kimberly

No comments: