Twitter

Sunday, January 8, 2012

'Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable"

Fellow Blogger Geek Pavaler is being threatened with being banned from speaking at Huntsville City School Board  public meetings by the Head of inSecurity, because he "Made People Uncomfortable" by standing silently making eye contact with the Superintendent and the ELECTED School Board members during the Public Comment section.  I kid you not.

I feel Geeks pain, because that's exactly what happened to me at Left in Alabama when I made the powers that be uncomfortable.  As my friend yellowdog said at the time, attacking the messenger is so creepily republican.   But I digress.

Evidently The Huntsville City Schools needs a Civics refresher about things that ARE in the Preamble and the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America..

Regulating pubic comments infringe on freedom of speech, why have public comments if you are going to regulate them?

Today's Must Read- Can Standing Silently for 65 Seconds Constitute a Threat?


No comments: