Twitter

Friday, January 13, 2012

Update~Are the Rattlesnakes beginning to turn on each other in Bama?

William Barnes qualified as a candidate for the democratic primary in CD-6.   Barnes represents the democratic wing of the democratic party,which is probably why he didn't have the full support of the ADP when he ran against Dick Shelby for Senate in 2010.  I'm glad he didn't let the experience sour him against running for political office again.  I admire his courage and his tenacity.    I don't live in CD-6, but if I did, Barnes would be my candidate.  Penny Bailey's  thoughts on abortion are troubling.  You  either support a woman's right to choose to have a safe, legal, abortion, or you don't.


Down here they say rattlesnakes don't commit suicide much~Agent Rupert Anderson, character played by Gene Hackman in Mississippi Burning.

Today is candidate filing deadline for Alabama primaries and the Rattlesnakes, I mean republicans are coming out in force...against each other.   Be still my Democratic heart.

Not to be out done by the three way CD-6 showdown between Scott Beason (r. racist), Spencer Bachus (r. inside trader), and Blount CountyProbate Judge David Sandridge,  the gop side show moves to the 5th district with Parker "I was a democrat until I got elected" Griffin challenging Mo"I'll do anything short of shooting them, name calling, clueless" Brooks.  It. Is. On!

Now if  Alabama republicans were smart, and I'm not saying they are, they would say pox on all their houses and not vote for any of them.  It's not like they have an agenda other than hating on President Obama because he's an African American democrat.  They are victims of their own ignorance

If  republican voters in CD-6 were smart, and I'm not saying they aren't, they would vote for Penny Bailey to represent them in Congress.   You are what/who you vote for.

If republican voters in CD-5 were smart, and I'm not saying they aren't, they would vote for for C.L. Holley to represent them in Congress.  Someone who will represent ALL of the citizens.
Photo h/t Left in Alabama


Today's Must Read






1 comment:

Black Diaspora said...

"Soon after, both houses passed, and the governor signed, the country’s cruelest, most unforgiving immigration law."

A few legislators didn't get the God Memo: "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."