Twitter

Sunday, September 1, 2013

RedEye's Anti ALL WAR ALL THE TIME Blog Roundup


WAR! - What is it good for?

Congress, be careful what you wish for  The funny thing about a dog that chases a car? Sometimes it catches the car and has no idea what to do next.

Let's get stupid
If Obama loses in the House and bombs Syria anyway, I wonder if that will set off the impeachment. Hey, something's got to, right? Imagine Obama being impeached on foreign policy grounds after Nixon, Reagan, and Bush weren't. That would be crazy -- and yeah, I could imagine it. 

Just like Bush
I’m deeply skeptical that Congress will approve.
Why? Because they approve of Assad’s actions? Because they believe we shouldn’t involve ourselves?
No. I believe they won’t because of Obama Derangement Syndrome. Because the primary hurdle such a vote will have to overcome is the number of people who will vote NO simply because President Obama is the one who’s asking.

Conciliatory Rhetoric as a ruthless strategy-Syria Edition   The outcome of that battle far outweighs the importance of what we do in Syria. And on this one, President Obama wins either way. Either we get a Congress that steps up to the plate, or he has demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are incapable of doing so.


Making a bad situation worse

Let's say we go in there and blast Assad and his entire government straight to the pit of hell:

QUESTION: What happens next?

ANSWER: We don't know.

This is not a good idea. 


For the record, just because I am against attacking Syria doesn't mean I don't support President Obama, it means I don't follow him blindly and without question. ~RedEye tiptoeing away from the computer to go pray for peace.

2 comments:

~Chip :) said...

My great fear is that the vote will be based on racism against PBO and not on the issues.

My great fear is that this is a setup for impeachment, which, superficially, PBO has avoided by asking for congressional review and support.

My great fear is that partisans will vote their party affiliation rather than the good of the American people, their constituents.

My great fear is that somehow we misstep and appear to support the use of chemical weapons, especially against civilians.

Redeye said...

I share your greatest fears my friend, especially the first two as for your last fear, as much as I love my country I don't believe we are in a position to take a moral stand on the use of chemical weapons against civilians when it's convenient. After all this is the country that fought a war for the right to enslave human beings for 400 years. I don't believe if we fail to attack Syria people will think we condone the use of chemical weapons against civilians.