Twitter

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Redeye's Sunday Afternoon Blog Stroll

I sure do miss the good old days when the Superbowl was about football and not advertising. I mean, really. All this talk about Tebow and the religious right is making me sick. But the hypocrisy of CBS is what really blows my mind. Remember when CBS refused to air Moveon.orgs anti war ad on the grounds they didn't air issue ads? That was the same year Janet Jacksons' wardrobe malfunctioned during the half time show. Speaking of the half time show, I sure do miss the good old days when the half time show was about marching bands. *Sigh*

Okay, I'll admit I'm still giddy over the Thrilla in Baltimore( President Obama at the gop retreat) and I promise not to post about it anymore after today. Not. Jack and Jill Politics. com commenter Craig Hickman breaks it on down (warning mature language) and so does the field negro.

Memo to the GOP: Most A-merry-cans- unlike moi-are looking for bi-partisanship. That face-off with O did not look like the republicans are looking for it as well. It looked like more of the same: Block; block; block; and oppose everything at every turn.


Notice how the MSM tells us President Obama is making budget cuts but they don't bother to tell us what those cuts are exactly? Well the White House has released the details. They look like sound economics to me, look them over and decide for yourself.

Here's a blast from the past for your reading pleasure and review. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to move forward. This is what pResident George W. Bush said
about health care reform during his 2006 SOTU address.


Our government has a responsibility to help provide health care for the poor and the elderly, and we are meeting that responsibility.

(APPLAUSE)

For all Americans -- for all Americans -- we must confront the rising cost of care, strengthen the doctor-patient relationship, and help people afford the insurance coverage they need.

We will make wider use of electronic records and other health information technology to help control costs and reduce dangerous medical errors.

We will strengthen health savings accounts, making sure individuals and small-business employees can buy insurance with the same advantages that people working for big businesses now get.

(APPLAUSE)

We will do more to make this coverage portable, so workers can switch jobs without having to worry about losing their health insurance.


So what happened? Nada.

Remember how Cindy Sheehan was arrested before the SOTU for wearing a t-shirt?

This afternoon at the People's State of the Union Address in DC where I was joined by Congress persons Lynn Woolsey and John Conyers, Ann Wright, Malik Rahim and John Cavanagh, Lynn brought me a ticket to the State of the Union Address. At that time, I was wearing the shirt that said: 2245 Dead. How many more?

After the PSOTU press conference, I was having second thoughts about going to the SOTU at the Capitol. I didn't feel comfortable going. I knew George Bush would say things that would hurt me and anger me and I knew that I couldn't disrupt the address because Lynn had given me the ticket and I didn't want to be disruptive out of respect for her. I, in fact, had given the ticket to John Bruhns who is in Iraq Veterans Against the War. However, Lynn's office had already called the media and everyone knew I was going to be there so I sucked it up and went.


God Bless America.

Peace Out.

No comments: