Twitter

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I'm reading and working on today

My previous post regarding the Hopeless Huntsville City School system generated lots of interest and a mountain of new information from readers who are concerned about the future of the public school system. I am wading through the information working on a follow up. Stay tuned. In the meantime here are some must read links I like.

No progressive/liberal Alabama African American blogs allowed on Left in Alabama . And NO, Thoughts and Rants of an Independent doesn't count.  I would like to respectfully and formally request to be added to list of Alabama blogs at Left in Alabama. BTW, remember when I tried to tell y'all you were enabling Mo? And you might want to check the link to freethinkbham .

3500 reporters, 200 on Capital Hill, How many covered the Voter Suppression Press Conference? Hint it starts with the letter F and ends with the letter r and rhymes with door.

Out of sight. Out of mind. We can't be talking publicly about the worst Voter Suppression since 1965. What gets me is this is happening under a Democratic Administration.

It's not about Voter ID, it's about Voter Suppression!
78% of African American males in Wisconsin have no photo ID required to vote. Congresswoman Gwen Moore of Wisconsin runs through a list of statistics regarding who has photo IDs and who doesn’t as she speaks on the new voter ID law in Wisconsin. Members of the CBC are calling on the Department of Justice to get involved in the new voter ID law requirements to vote.
Revising history republican style
This should not really surprise anyone given the cries of many conservatives and Tea Party members to take back their country, as if it has been taken hostage by some group of people it ought not to belong. But what we must do, all people, not just blacks, is to not let this happen on our watch. The truth can be a painful thing but revising history is even more dangerous. We all know that if we don’t know our history we are doomed to repeat it. And burying or erasing parts of history we’d rather forget won’t erase them from our nation’s past. We must simply tell the truth and keep the truth alive not only for the many who sacrificed to get us to this point but for the generations to come.

Let us march on until victory is won.

We shall overcome....one day.

14 comments:

FED UP said...

78% of BLACK (African)(77% have not seen Africa!) American males in Wisconsin have no photo ID required to vote.

I suggest 78% go get one. I'm guessing they have no drivers license. The SIMPLE solution is to go to the local courthouse drivers license division etc. and get a Wisconsin D.L.or ID card!!!!!!!EASY TO DO! If rules or laws are passed they need to be followed. Before you try to spin it wanting IDs presented while voting is not RACIST!!!!

Redeye said...

What part oF you can't require someone to get a drivers license before they can vote don't you and your brethren understand!

I bet if 78% of white males didn't have a photo I'd we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's the Voter Suppression stupid.

FED UP said...

If it is a law then what part do you not understand! It's not a black or white issue! It's a way to show who you are before you vote!!! Most white males are smart enough to get an id or license so no we do not have to have that conversation!!!!!!!

Redeye said...

What part of you can't change the rules in the middle of the game don't you understand?

What part of the burden of proving who I am is not on me don't you understand?

What part of you can't require people to PURCHASE Drivers license as a prerequisite to voting don't you understand?

If white males are so smart why are they trying to suppress the black\brown vote by violating the Voting Rights Act?

FED UP said...

You can change the rules/laws, look at all the new laws on texting while driving etc. It is on you that's part of getting a social security number. Having an id also saves time and hassle if you want to write a check,get a loan, or if you get stopped by the police, so get a dang id and use it when you vote. It's not a BIG deal!How about making id cars free?

FED UP said...

You like to argue anything that is not on the black liberal side! Most topics you write about do not need the pot stirred with the racial spoon you continue to use!!!!!!!!!!!

Redeye said...

You can't make new laws which violate the Constitution of the United States of America and there is no such thing as a free lunch, I mean a free ID card. It's going to cost someone something, and that someone will be we the tax payers.

FED UP, if you don't like the topics I write about move your cursor to box with the x in it in the upper right hand corner of this blog and click it.

Mack Lyons said...

$10 says FuckUp is either 1)a disgruntled reader of LIA who wants to continuously harass Redeye, or 2)a paid troll who's been assigned to this and other blogs run and frequented by African-Americans. Other than that, I can't see why someone would hang around day after day on a blog that runs completely counter to their own personal views and interests.

Mack Lyons said...

"FED UP, if you don't like the topics I write about move your cursor to box with the x in it in the upper right hand corner of this blog and click it."

For the reasons above, he's not gonna do it.

Just find his IP address and cold ban him, for the sake of everyone else who happens across this blog.

Redeye said...

Sorry Mack Lyons, but banning any one from expressing their opinion goes against everything I stand for. As much as I disagree with FED UP I will fight for his first amendment right to be a racist troll.

Redeye said...

Mack Lyons said FED UP is 2)a paid troll who's been assigned to this and other blogs run and frequented by African-Americans.

Who is they who pay trolls to frequent blogs run by African-Americans and how much does it pay? At least the right wing is creating jobs for Trolls.

FED UP said...

RACIST TROLL? If someone has a different opinion on a topic they become an out cast racist troll etc? We each have our opinions and we agree to disagree. I enjoy reading the blog so I can comment from a common sense approach! I think it pisses some of you off when I have a valid point!

Redeye said...

A racist Troll is someone who post things like this over and over again
"Most white males are smart enough to get an id or license so no we do not have to have that conversation!!!!!!"

A racist troll is someone who can't agree to disagree without resorting to name calling, personal attacks, insults and lies like this;

"Black silence in the face of black racism has to be one of the biggest betrayals of the civil rights struggle that included black and white Americans."

I guess it depends on what your definition of common sense and valid points IS. But I do know one thing, I was born black in America and I know racism when I see, hear, read or experience it, so I don't need you to tell me when something is racist racism or not. Nor do I need to you to tell me what topics I can or cannot write about on my own damn blog.

As I said previously, I don't agree with, or even like your point of view, but I defend your right to express it, like this;

"I'm saying quit crying racism at every turn! Redeye always seems to have a sentence or two in reference to slavery Jim Crow days etc. This is 2011 and it's not happening and will not happen. We have young blacks out of control in this country...focus on that or black on black crime,blacks killing each other off etc!!"

Carry on.

Redeye said...

If it makes you feel better to post this over and over again have it. But this is a prime example of off topic, racist trolling.

Carry on.