Twitter

Monday, July 11, 2011

What I'm reading today

This has been one of those real life days where I didn't watch cable *cough* news, so I don't know what happened during the President's press conference. I only know what the *ahem* Talking TeeVee Pundit heads tell me I know. Thank goodness for Blogging Bloggers or we wouldn't know squat about what's really going on.

Uh, remember when Congressman Anthony Weiner said his Twitter account was hacked? Remember how the media ignored him and focused on his male member instead?

Speaking of the media, all white is not right (no pun).

If you've ever wondered why anyone would vote republican read the top 10 reasons that would cause someone to vote republican. Here is an excerpt.
"#10: I shall vote Republican next time because I am a white male. It does not matter if they are otherwise against me, but since I am a white male, and they say that they are for white males, I am for them too! Lies matter not to me. I am a white male.
What if Caylee Anthony had been black?
How is it that the tragic death of one little girl could attract so much more attention than the tragic deaths of four sisters?

The easy answer is that the disparity in coverage is about race and class. Media critics argue that if Caylee had been black, her disappearance and death would never have received as much attention. There were indeed sharp contrasts: Caylee, white, from a middle-income home in suburban Orlando, in the shadow of Disney World; the Jacks sisters, black, from a lower-income Southeast Washington neighborhood besieged by drugs and crime, just blocks from the Capitol.

Here we go again. The Alabama Democratic Party is taking a plastic knife to a gun fight. RedEye roll. Hey ADP! Is State Scott Beason still the of the rules committee? F the dumb stuff.

No comments: