Twitter

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This is why I vote a straight Democratic ticket

This picture shows a lynched dummy of President Obama on Bay Meadows Road, Gloucester, Virginia 23061 at a Shell Service Station.  As former democratic President Bill Clinton said at the democratic convention:
"Though I often disagreed with republicans, I actually never learned to hate them the way the far right wing who controls their party seems to hate our president and democrats. "
The reason I am voting a straight democratic ticket has nothing to do with the fact I'm a democrat, I oppose the republican party, or any party,  that encourages and condones this kind of hatred.
"What ever political party draws it's strength from these people is the party I am going to work to defeat."

Today's Must Read
WTF did Black people ever do to you America?
I guess that's why I'm taking this so personally. I don't feel like they're just attacking Obama, i feel like they're truly attacking my "tribe". What i mean by that is, He's young, educated, black, driven and in charge. That's my tribe, Most of my black male friends went to college and busted ass, they are now Ministers, Producers, Politicians and the like. When we were we all children had a choice, we could have bowed to the prevalent stereotype and become thugs and criminals. We could have met every ones lowered expectation for us. But we didn't. We bought the whole "American Dream" thing hook, line, and sinker. We were told that in America, if you work hard, study hard, play by the rules and apply yourself then you can be anything you want in this country, so we did. We were sold on the fact that very soon we'd be "judged by the content of our character and not the color of our skin", so we believed.
Were we lied to?
RedEye tiptoeing away from the computer to go vote and get out the vote.

2 comments:

yellowdog said...

Like you, Redeye, I consider it my duty and my right to vote and have tried to instill this value in my children now grown.

Elections matter, Presidents matter - look what we've seen - Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 2.0, and Obama. These men have done things that changed our country in our lifetimes.

Don't tell me they are all the same!

And now, in this election, a good man who did things for US, now has people going to the polls driven not by pride and civic duty, and appreciation of our freedom -- but because of hate and intolerance.

Not by content of his character, but by color of his skin.

Jesus wept.

But the odds-makers, not the pundits and the pollsters, like Obama's chances still. Hope lives on.

I would look forward to an Obama presidency unleashed! No more campaigns, no more crap!

Lets hope tonight, before we hit the sheets, we know real American values still stand for something in this country, and good men triumph!

4 more years!

Redeye said...

I still believe in a place called Hope. Keep Hope alive!