Twitter

Monday, January 6, 2014

"Race Baiting" gone bad, and "look at those shiny objects over there"


This is one of those rare times when Radio Boy and I agree, and from the looks of it, Mitt Romney agreed and  rejected the media enabled race baiting hook, line, and sinker.

By now everyone knows how I feel about this sad, sorry, affair. It was bad enough Melissa Harris Perry was forced to apologize for something she didn't say/do, but the tearful apology was like a kick in the gut. Hate to think it,  much less say it, but I have more respect for Phil Robertson, A&E, Cracker Barrel  and Walmart than I do for MHP and MSNBC right now. "Harris-Perry took responsibility for the segment, even though she never said what the right accused her of saying. Her apology was heartfelt, intelligent, and insightful. It was typical of what viewers see on her program every weekend. What it wasn’t was necessary.

Robertson's comments were bigoted and racist, but I defend his right to say them.

I wonder if MHP broke down because she was being forced to apologize in order to keep her job?  I can see that happening because I was told to stop talking about race so much and accused of making up stuff before I was banned from Left in Alabama and told if I wanted freedom of speech I needed to start my own blog.  Which I did.

I guess what Kimberly Foster the founder and editor of For Harriet said is true:
I certainly salute Melissa for expeditiously offering a sincere apology. I Stand With Melissa because I understand that in spite of (of perhaps because of) the fact that she is a black woman with a P.HD and a national television platform, she has to walk more cautiously than her peers.

"Do not follow the shiny object".


 Privilege of the Powerful.

Power of the Privileged. 

God, please help America.

No comments: