Twitter

Thursday, July 18, 2013

So know we know....



In case you haven't noticed I've been away from the blog for the last week mega thanks to my friend and fellow contributor Chip for filling in for me.  It's a good thing I was not in a postition to blog after the jury acquitted George Zimmerman for racially profiling, stalking, and shooting 17 year old Trayvon Martin   because frankly I needed time to heal.

I wasn't surprised the 100% Female 0% African American jury let George Zimmerman get away with murder, but Lord was I hurt.  It was like someone stabbed me through the heart with a hot dagger.  To think 6 women, some of whom are mothers, would condone a grown man stalking and killing a child of any age/race/gender is beyond me. 

This jury profiled Trayvon in death as George Zimmerman profiled him in life.  Their sons and daughters don't have to be afraid of being stalked, profiled and deemed unworthy, of being in middle class neighborhoods.

The 6 jurors are cowards.  Let me say that again.  The 6 jurors are cowards.  They threw a rock then hid their hands.  The  media should be ashamed for enabling their cowardice.  They certainly didn't protect the identities of the OJ jurors, or, the Casey Anthony jurors, which leads me to believe there is something rotten in the cotton, and  I'm not the only one questioning how, and why, this  jury was selected.

The media also needs to stop enabling the Zimmerman clan to racially profile black people by advancing the meme he "will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life"  because the criminal black folks will take the law into their own hands because they can't accept the jury verdict.

Oh really?  Trayvon Martin was looking over his shoulder in fear of his life that fateful night when George Zimmerman became the judge, jury and the executioner.  We are not George Zimmerman's.

Black folks have never, I repeat, never wanted vengeance.  All we've ever wanted is justice.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.


All we ever asked for was for equal justice for the young man who was killed that drizzling night in Sanford, Florida. If George Zimmerman had rights, so did Trayvon Martin. And that is why Mr. Zimmerman was properly arrested and charged with murder in the second degree. He will soon be judged by a jury of his peers, and that is the best we can do. Whatever decision they make, is a decision that we must live with, whether we like it or not. Whether George Zimmerman is found innocent or guilty by the jury, I am firm believer that all of us live by karmic law, and he will ultimately be punished for the death of Trayvon, no matter what. However, if he walks free out of that courtroom, I understand that some people will be very sad, but we must remember the mission we are on. As I have heard Trayvon's parents say time and time again, they are not only fighting for justice for their son, they are fighting for all of us, especially those parents who have to live through the misery of burying their child and the sadness that comes after.


To my white friends who ask me not to judge them based on the actions of Zimmerman and this jury let me say this...I know not all white people are racist, prejudiced, bigots.  To think the opposite would make me no better than the George Zimmerman's of this world.

This is a verdict that indicts us all.

So know that we know, what if anything, are we going to do about it?

2 comments:

~Chip :) said...

Just goes to show how naive I am. I actually thought Zimmerman would be convicted, at least of manslaughter.

Juror B-37 was remarkable when she excused him getting out of his vehicle with his gun. Don't bring Skittles to a gunfight.

The night of the verdict I read one comment about a "tainted jury." It sure makes me wonder how much influence his father has - first no arrest, and then an acquittal?

The jury didn't know this, but Zimmerman also had 2 felony charges for assaulting a police officer reduced to a single misdemeanor. Dear old dad...

Redeye said...

"The night of the verdict I read one comment about a "tainted jury." It sure makes me wonder how much influence his father has - first no arrest, and then an acquittal? "

Look whose talking, was there a mole on the Zimmerman jury?

http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2013/07/look-whos-talking-was-there-a-mole-on-the-zimmerman-jury/

Still haven't mastered linking comments. :)