Twitter

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Confederate Memorial, I mean, Independence Day~ RedEye Rant Edition

Praising the Post Racial South my Donkey
Please excuse my cynicism, but every since the Robert's Court decided to pay black folks back  for daring exercise their right to vote and not only elect, but re-elect, the nations first African American President, siding with Shelby County Alabama (of all places) to make sure that doesn't happen again, and Republicans will be in control of our government until eternity, I don't feel like celebrating America's Independence Day Hypocrisy.

I just don't.

I just can't.

On this day  jobsanger points out. the American dream is more like an American nightmare for most of the  people, and Bill Quigley reminds us the real patriots aren't waiving their rights while waving their confederate, I mean,  American flags, they  are the ones risking  lives and lively hood fighting injustice every single day.

I'm still pi$$ed off at the Alabama Democratic Majority/Party (or what ever they call themselves these days), for taking their eyes off the prize and dividing the party instead of uniting the party at a time when it was needed the most.  Call me crazy, but I firmly believe this whole Mark Kennedy vs Joe Kennedy BullPoo another  media enabled weapon of mass distraction to keep democrats from organizing and mobilizingLooks like it worked.

 Happy now?

I close this  RedEye Rant with an excerpt from  Essential reading for the 4th of July in the words of  Frederick Douglas;
Standing, there, identified with the American bondman, making his wrongs mine, I do not hesitate to declare, with all my soul, that the character and conduct of this nation never looked blacker to me than on this 4th of July!
Hate to think it, much less say it, but the conduct of this nation never looked blacker  (pun intended) to me either.
This Independence Day more African Americans are dependent on the government, it might sound like a Republican talking point used to justify lower taxes, smaller government and the cutting of social programs, but it is a fact. And it stems from the unique history of black people in this country.
Redeye tiptoeing away from the computer humming We Shall Overcome One day .

On a personal note, welcome back to the battlefield Leftwing Nutjob, you were missed, you are needed.

No comments: