children. Scott "They're aborigines" Beason
looks on at far left. (Alabama Governor Offc) h/t Cartoon Peril
Interim State Superintendent Larry E. Craven said Alabama schools are prepared to check the citizenship status of new enrollees, as required by the state's new immigration law. But he emphasized that no student will be kicked out of school if their parents fail to provide the documentation.
O-I-C, Craven is going to comply with the law before he disobeys the law.
Craven said a memo was sent today to local school superintendents informing them a judge had cleared for implementation the section of Alabama's new immigration law requiring schools to check citizenship status.
"We will comply with the law," Craven said today.
School systems will ask parents and guardians to provide a copy of a child's birth certificate when they enroll in public school for the first time. If none is available, they will be asked for additional documentation and to sign a declaration that the student is a legal citizen or immigrant."
And guess who is paying for this craven (pun intended) folly....WE THE PEOPLE OF ALABAMA that's WHO, all thanks to the cut taxes, cut spending, tough on illegal immigrants gang and their enablers.
Altschuler: Why was the law able to pass?
Rubio: It passed because of the change in the legislative make-up. Our legislature changed dramatically. For the first time in over 100 years in the 2010 elections, it shifted to Republican control. I think previously we were able to keep that kind of law away because of that. But, at the end of the day, this goes back to the reluctance of the federal government to do something about this at the federal level—immigration needs to be dealt with at the federal level, and that’s something that needs to happen. We understand the frustration at the local level with the lack of action at the federal level.
Wright: The legislators really thought that Alabamians would agree with it, and that they would get a lot of political points for doing it. They saw it as equivalent to being tough on crime by being tough on immigrants. And I think they were taking pride in saying they’d passed the toughest law in the nation.
This is our Sweet Home Alabama InJustice system at work and on display for all the world to see.
Numerous sections of the Alabama law challenged by the Justice Department but upheld by Blackburn may take effect immediately. Alabama police may now detain people driving without a license in order to check their immigration status. Contracts knowingly entered into with illegal immigrants will be considered invalid, and illegal immigrants will not be allowed to enter into "business transactions" with the state, including applying for driver's or business licenses.
If you want to understand how bad Alabama's law is, just on the school children alone, you have to get right of next to it and get a good whiff of this rotting carcass of racism
In relevant detail, here's what Scott "Not a Racist Bone in his Body" Beason has crafted in Section 28 (edited for brevity).
Section 28. (a)(1) Every public school at the time of enrollment shall determine whether the student was born outside the jurisdiction of the United States or is the child of an alien not lawfully present in the United States and qualifies for assignment to an English as Second Language class or other remedial program.
(2) The public school shall rely upon the student’s birth certificate.
(3) If it the student was born outside the jurisdiction of the United States or is the child of an alien not lawfully present in the United States, or where such certificate is not available, the parent shall notify the school within 30 days of the date of the student’s enrollment of the actual citizenship or immigration status of the student under federal law.
(4) Notification shall consist of both of the following:
a. Official documentation establishing the citizenship and, in the case of an alien, the immigration status of the student;
b. Attestation, under penalty of perjury, that the document states the true identity of the child. If the parent has such documentation but still maintains that the student is either a U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully present in the U.S., the parent may sign a declaration so stating, under penalty of perjury.
(5) If no such documentation or declaration is presented, the school official shall presume the student is an alien unlawfully present in the U. S.
(b) Each school district submits a report to the State Board of Education, which then is to prepare a report.
(2) The report shall provide data, aggregated by public school, regarding the numbers of U.S. citizens, of lawfully present aliens by immigration classification, and of aliens believed to be unlawfully present in the U.S. enrolled at all primary and secondary public schools in this state. The report shall also provide the number of students in each category participating in English as a Second Language Programs enrolled at such schools.
(3) The report shall analyze and identify the effects upon the standard or quality of education provided to students who are citizens of the United States residing in Alabama that may have occurred, or are expected to occur in the future, as a consequence of the enrollment of students who are aliens not lawfully present in the United States.
"Well, there's a certain mean spiritless that's out there, not only in Alabama but it's in America. And that makes this election extremely important."~Alabama State Senator Hank Sanders
The state of Alabama doesn't want immigrant children to enroll in school, they want them to work side by side with their parents for slave wages. That is what State Senator Hanks Sanders was talking about in his Mad as Hell robo call to DEMOCRATIC voters.
Can you hear him now?
Hello this is Hank Sanders, Alabama state Senator, and I’m still mad as hell. I say hell no! I ain’t going back to the cotton fields of Jim Crow days. I’m going forward with Ron Sparks, Jim Folsom and others who would do right by all of us. I hope you are mad as hell and will not go back, and you have the power to choose. I will stand until hell freezes over for Ron Sparks for Governor and Jim Folsom for Lt. Governor on November the 2nd.
Paid for by Alabama New South.