Twitter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Come, Ye Thankful People, Come"

The original illegal immigrants. Pilgrim William Brewster holds a Bible as the Pilgrims pray for a safe journey as they leave for America from Delft Haven, Holland, on July 22, 1620.

Hello Everyone!

I will be on a semi vacation from the BlogOsphere this week, thankfully spending time with friends and family, enjoying good food and lots of football. Posting will be light, but feel free to browse around, comment, and post links.

This is also the third anniversary of my boot from the front pages of Left in Alabama, so I will conduct my annual blog stroll down memory lane.

My, how time flies when you are having fun. Three years and 508 post later, I am thankful the Cats invited and encouraged me to to begin blogging at Left in Alabama.   I'm really thankful they encouraged me to start my own blog so I could continue to be a voice for the voiceless. Im especially thankful they banned me from the front pages, thereby forcing me to start RedEye's Front Page.

Last year I wrote about The Civil War Within the Alabama Democratic Party. A war that rages on as self described conservative democrat Rep. Craig Ford mulls Alabama governor's race in '14. Everybody knows conservative democrat is nod, nod, wink , wink for I am running on the democratic ticket to take advantage of the democratic black voting block but I will govern like a republican.

Mull on this Rep. Ford....I don't care how many African Americans you have standing behind you in your photo op, RedEYE will NOT be voting for a conservative democrat for governor or anything else. If RedEYE wanted a republican governor RedEYE would vote for a republican governor. The lessor of two evils is still evil.

I was also writing about Charter Schools last year, and it looks like DeJa Voodoo all over again. I invite you to read Merts Center Monitor and Geek Pavaler for in depth analysis and informed commentary about the sorry state of the Huntsville City School System.

I'm thankful for the gop clown show , but will it force conservatives to look at themselves in the mirror? Is anyone surprised the so called Super Committee failed? After all they don't work for us, we work for them. Snark

Here is a little something to chew on besides turkey:
Segregation has come to the South once again, if it ever left, that is. A new report from the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a Washington, DC-based think tank, warns that the blacks are out of luck in Dixie, and out of the game.
Sigh


Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all of y'all!

7 comments:

RussWinn said...

Happy Thanksgiving, RedEye. Thanks for all you do!

Redeye said...

Right back atcha RussWinn!

yellowdog said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Redeye!

Keep up the good works!

LiA's loss is our gain.

Thank you, Redeye!

Black Diaspora said...

I pray that your Thanksgiving was filled with a cornucopia of things to be thankful for.

As for the Supercommittee, we all knew from the beginning that it was doomed to fail. I don't believe that any thinking, thoughtful person believed for a hot second that Republicans would raise taxes on the 1% so that a deal could be struck that would include cuts to entitlements.

Republicans want cuts, not tax hikes. They know: Cuts would weaken the economy more, contribute to more unemployment, and give Republicans the ideal conditions from which to launch a take over of congress and the White House.

Redeye said...

Thank you Black Diaspora and Yellowdog! My Thanksgiving was blessed, however I couldn't help but think about my fellow Americans who didn't have a conucopia of things to be thankful for thanks to the mean spirited republicans and their media enablers. More on this later.

And let's not fall into the right wing spin machine trap by calling Social Security and Medicare entitlements because they are earned benefits. More on this later too.

Black Diaspora said...

@Redeye: "And let's not fall into the right wing spin machine trap by calling Social Security and Medicare entitlements because they are earned benefits."

I'm aware of the distinction; I only wish that those who're contemplating making cuts to these "earned benefits" would see SS&M for what it is--not something to negotiate away in the interest of raising taxes on the 1%.

"I couldn't help but think about my fellow Americans who didn't have a conucopia of things to be thankful for thanks to the mean spirited republicans and their media enablers."

Because we care, we're seen as an aberration by those on the Right. We're moon bats, holding unrealistic, bleeding-heart, maudlin views of humankind.

Yet, we're those who are evolving faster those around us--those who embrace a political philosophy of "every man for himself," and "survival of the fittest."

Our sense of family is not circumscribed by those in our immediate circle, but extends well beyond our political boundaries of state and national interests to include all the peoples of the world as family.

We are liberals, progressives, humanists--those who believe in the sanctity and value of all life--not just the life of the 1%.

Redeye said...

You know we (democrats/liberals) are in trouble when democratic elected officials start calling SS and MC entitlements. :)

I pray there are more of us tree hugging, bleeding heart liberal who get out and vote in November. I refuse to believe the majority of voters, not to be confused with the majority of Americans, are bigoted, mean, and greedy. I believe 2010 had to happen to teach the American people you get the what you vote for.