Twitter

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Redeyes Wake the F%^k Up Rant

Democrats need to wake up and smell the @#$ coffee. I've been screaming this at the top of my lungs for years, but instead of listening to me I was was banished from the front pages of a blog that is supposed to connect progressive voices. We will never get our message out as long as those of us who stand up for the middle and lower class; we who stand up for the teachers and education; we who stand up for good paying jobs and unions; we who believe in the freedom of the individual to choose - be it religion or no religion or otherwise; are marginalized and minimized by the status quo. We will never get our message out until we have an effective counter to the right wing noise machine aka talk radio.

Of course it would help if ALL of us were on the same page and we didn't have the reform wing, the anti choice wing, the conservative wing, the blue dog wing, the anti teachers and education wing, the anti labor wing, the anti affirmative action wing etc. A bird only has two wings and they must work together in order for the bird to fly.

In the interest of time I am going to re post an original Redeye WTF Rant in my own voice when I tried to sound the alarm in 2009.

W=Where, Why, Who, When or What.

T=The

F=The F word,

WTF is the democratic party?

WTF have we lost 2 special elections in a row?

WTF did we even have to have 2 special elections in the first place?

WTF was the GOTV?

WTF were the town hall meetings and rallies?

WTF were the television, radio newspapers ads?

WTF was the freaking organization?

WTF where Artur Davis and Ron Sparks?

WTF is in charge?

I tired to calm down, really I did, but I'm pi$$ed. Before I go any further let me be perfectly clear, this rant is not directed at anyone specifically, it is directed to everyone collectively and rhetorically.

One thing I'll give the republicans credit for. They always bring their A game and they play to win. If they weren't anti minority, anti choice, anti gay rights, anti labor etc. they would be my kind of party. They know how to play to PR/spin game. They know how to excite their base. They know how to frame the issues so they look like the good guys instead of the bad guys they really are. Of course it doesn't hurt they have the media and the Injustice system as enablers.

WTF is wrong with the democratic party? It's as if they don't want to win. It's as if they are afraid to stand up and fight for what is right (no pun). Who/WhatTF are they afraid of?

Rest of Rant (be sure and read the comments)

No comments: