Twitter

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Real Liberal quotes from real Liberals~Sunday Edition

"Well, there's a certain mean spiritness that's out there, not only in Alabama but it's in America. And that makes this election extremely important." ~Alabama State Senator Hank Sanders (D)

Fear can be on hell of a force multiplier, provided it’s impetus is the right one. We can now justify being afraid. Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to get your fear on. It’s long since time you got your mad on.~Michael Douglas

"One of the things we can't do is, we can't let them distract from what we're all about, and what we're trying to accomplish. We're trying to keep the focus on comprehensive, universal health care reform, and they're going all over the place. They are desperate, uh, they don't have leadership, uh, they really don't know what to do, and so, I think we're going to continue to see a lot of crazy things happening, like all of the, uh, outrage that has been demonstrated at these town hall meetings, like the kind of statement that Congresswoman Jenkins made, and let them define themselves, let them reveal who they are. The American public needs to see that."~Rep. Maxine Waters (D.CA)

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beware of fears racist temptation~Keith Olberman

Alabama is stuck in both a time warp and in a black hole of its own making with regard to race. There can be no change unless people are willing to smash the taboo of cross racial cooperation.~skepticalbrotha

Republican health care plan: Don't get sick, and if you do get sick, die quickly.
~Rep. Alan Grayson (D.FL)

No comments: