Twitter

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My God, my God, why have you forsaken us?



This just in.
Former congessional candidate and long-time Huntsville resident Wayne Parker is throwing his hat in the ring for Madison County Commission Chairman.

It get's worse
"We have decided we're going to jump in, and we're going to run to win," said Parker, who narrowly lost the 2008 Fifth Congressional District race to former Congressman Parker Griffith. "A lot of folks have approached me about jumping in this race.  To be frank, I've been approached by both Republicans and Democrats who share my concerns, and they know that I have a passion for this community." 
But THIS is the kicker
Commissioner Strong issued a statement regarding his new competitor Wednesday night.
"I welcome Wayne Parker to this race," read Strong's statement. "My goal is to lead Republicans to take control of the commission, and I believe I'm the candidate with the new ideas and proven leadership to make that happen. Wayne is a seasoned politician and a veteran campaigner, and I'm sure he will run a good and clean campaign."
The Republican primary is set for March 13. Outgoing Chairman Mike Gillespie announced that he would not run for re-election earlier this year after 30 years in office. The Democrats have yet to field a candidate for chairman. 

So, republicans are poised to take Control of the Madison County Commission, Wayne Parker has been approached by DEMOCRATS who, gag me with a spoon, "share his concerns" and The Democrats have yet to field a candidate for chairman????!!!!

Lord, help us.

No comments: