Twitter

Monday, December 19, 2011

The State of the Alabama Democratic Party is Pitiful



I received notice The Madison County Democratic Women Executive Committee will convene a panel discussion on the state of the Alabama Democratic Party at it's meeting next month.  I don't know what the panelist will say, but IMHO the state of the Alabama Democratic Party is pitiful and here is why.

There is a huge disconnect between the party elite (leadership) and the grassroots (the traditional base).  

Prime example.  CL Holley is the first, and so far, the only, democratic entrant to announce for Alabama's 5th district congressional race against Mo Brooks.  As much as we want an alternative to Mo, no one seems to know much about CL Holley, which mean he wasn't recruited to run by the ADP or the Madison County Executive Committee.  

I disagree with those who say Charlie L Holley is not electable.  This is America, the candidate with the most votes wins.  Or at least that's the way it used to be.  If CL Holley is the real deal, and democrats support him he will win.  The question for leadership is should democrats support him?  

If Charlie L Holley is the real deal he has my support 100%, but I have to know who is driving the wagon before I hitch my donkey to it.

No comments: