Twitter

Friday, August 3, 2012

RedEye's Week in Review Hypocrisy Edition



The prize for hypocrisy in the name of Lord goes to Chik-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who says he respects LBGT workers and patrons in spite of the fact they are inviting the wrath of God with their lifestyle.    Translation the CEO of Chik-fil-A worships  money more than he fears God's wrath. Amen and Amen.


  • Invalid username/password
    Username: 
     

  • With Democrats like Craig Ford who needs republicans?  Craig Ford is the latest so called democrat who believes the way to the Governor's office is to pander to the right at the expense of the traditional democratic base.  He should ask his friend Artur Davis (r. turncoat VA) how that worked out for him.

    Second prize for hypocrisy goes to LiA bloggers countrycat and mparus, who don't want to revoke Craig Ford's membership in the Alabama Democratic party, and are standing up for marriage equality but had no problem revoking my front page and posting privileges because I stood up for who I believed in,  and what I believed in.


    I was forced to watch CNN this week because MSNBC aired the Olympics during the day, and I would rather run through hell with a pair or gasoline drawers on than watch Faux News.  Remember when CNN used to be the most trusted names in news?  Where is CNN (said in my best James Earl Jones voice)?

     In their effort not be called liberal (like that was a bad thing), they turned into Fox Wanna Be. No wonder the CNN chief is "stepping down" because the network needs new thinking.  Ya think?


    Psst CNN!  Check out Newsroom on HBO, it's the kind of media we wish we had instead of the media we have.

    The Rightards are licking their chops at the prospect of former Governor Don Siegelman (D.) being re sentenced for crime he shouldn't have been sentenced for in the first place,  by the same judge who sentenced him the first time.  Confused yet? 

    All I'm going to say is if Siegelman is sent back to prison for being too liberal,  it will be because  democratic leadership didn't confront  the right wing Bullies.

     If democratic leadership is afraid to stand up to the right wing Bullies,  maybe we should all be afraid, and just bend over and take our Gang Banging like Girlie Men.  I'm just saying...If the Left were anything like the right....

    Noted scholar and world leader Evo Morales has definitively proven that eating chicken causes male homosexuality. Why? Because chickens that are raised to be eaten are artificially injected with female hormones to make them plump and tasty.  Thus, when a male eats the hormone-filled chicken, it will cause him to deviate from normal maleness and therefore TURN INTO A HOMOSEXUAL.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Redeye, In the past week I've read Lance Selfa's book "The Democrats: A Critical History" and listened to Dems explain away the failure of our state Dem party to take a stand on marriage rights. I finally realize I have been a doofus for trying to do anything through one of the two corporate parties. It just won't work. I have resigned my recently acquired County Exec Committee position and have contacted the Green party national office to find out how to connect with other Greens in Alabama. The only way progressives are going to achieve anything is intense and continuous pressure from OUTSIDE the two parties. Are you interested in going Green?

    Redeye said...

    Welcome to my world Pippa Abston! Thank you for reading and for your thoughtful comment.

    Although I share your frustration with the democratic party and it's present state of affairs, I am not interested in going Green, I'm interested in taking the democratic party back from the Progressives/Dixiecrats/Moderates/Conservatives/DINO's/Bluedogs and other infiltrators.

    We don't have time to reinvent the wheel.

    Anonymous said...

    Ok, I understand. If you want to keep the Dems from being pulled to the right, though, you will need a strong, independent Left to keep up the pressure-- so I'm going to do my best to pitch in there. Hope you wish us well!

    Redeye said...

    I do wish you well, when all the fingers on the hand work together it makes a mighty fist.