Twitter

Friday, June 24, 2011

New Additions to my blog list and week in review

Everyone knows it's the job of the mainstream media to distort what we decide with all spin all the time, UNfair and UNbalanced. Thank goodness for pioneers like Thomas Paine, and Cheetos-eating, pajama-wearing, Bloggers living in their moms’ basements all around America. If former Vice President Al Gore had not invented the Internet we wouldn't know what we don't know we don't know.


The gop kicked their Voter Suppression scheme (yes I said scheme) up a notch this week. I wonder what part of this don't they understand? And when is the Obama DoJ going to help them understand?

The other thing to remember is that voting is a Constitutionally protected right. With a right, it is not up to the citizen to "prove" that he's entitled to the right, it us up to the government to "prove" that he's NOT entitled to the right.

In other words, if I say I'm John Doe, and I'm properly registered to vote, its not up to me to prove I am who I say I am. If I'm to be challenged in my right, it is up to the government to provide reasonable, credible suspicion that I am NOT who I say I am before denying me a right.


This Is the Way the Weiner Ends: Not With a Bang But a Whimper:

The grinding media machine has eaten another victim and spit out his splintered bones and shredded viscera. Anthony Weiner resigned yesterday, in a press conference only notable for how stupid and asshole-filled it was, and now the machine knows that, with the assistance of its willing accomplices in Washington, it can pick and choose who to wreck next, like a mad sniper who today feels like firing at joggers in blue shorts.


So what the hell is a Social Conservative anyway?

What does it mean? Nothing much - and everything. It's nothing more than the replacement for Compassionate Conservative, a label George W. "Who cares what the hell you think." Bush ran into the ground. It's a marketing tool, a handy dandy code phrase for Values Voters in dog-whistle political speak. It says "Here's somebody you can trust to feel just like you do about God, Guns and Gays."


Welcome to my blog list!
A BlackMan's View

Reggie's Rantings

Agabond

The Blogosphere is the media we wish we had instead of the media we have.

No comments: